Karina and Peter will have the pleasure of hosting you in one of their properties that you have chosen for your stay - The Bastion, their 1000 year old property with private pool standing on the bastions of the Silent City of Mdina (Malta). This property is one of the best in Malta while Mdina, Malta's former capital, is very special by any measure.
The Bastion together with a stunning penthouse in the historical centre of Krakow, Poland (www.apartamentwcentrum.pl) and a breathtaking 18th century French wine domain and chateau with 5 B&B suites and 7 self catering gites in France (www.chateau-rieutort.fr) make up Karina and Peter's suite of properties available for your next trip. It is their and now your choice of home away from home where, surrounded by history and touched by luxury, you will enjoy an unforgetable holiday.
The Bastion is unique and one of the most photographed buildings in Mdina. The Malta post office commemorated its front door on the 20 cent stamp issued in 2018. The house is stunning inside and out with views across Malta to the sea and the only private pool on the city bastions. There are extensive private terraces offering privacy and calm. Parts of the house date back to the 10th century. The upper living room, terraces and pool offer views of much of Malta and the Mediterranean Sea while Mdina's location at the centre of Malta will mean that all of Malta's many attractions are closer at hand. There are many cheaper properties in Malta but for those looking for the best...you've found it.
The property is 20 min drive from the airport and is well served by public and private cabs and Malta's extensive bus network. Easily accessible are Valletta (the capital), St. Julians (party district), Dingli Cliffs (great walking area), Blue Grotto, Ħaġar Qim megalitic Temple, the beaches at Riveria and Golden Beach and many other places worth visiting.
Nearly next door is a 3D digital audio visual presentation about the Knights of Malta and 10 min walk from the house are the St. Paul's and St. Agatha's catacombs. You will not be bored while on the island and after this visit you will likely become a regular to Malta for its landscape, food, monuments and friendly people.
Property Name: The Bastion, Mdina (Malta)
Address 1: The Bastion
Address 2 : 3 St. Agatha's Esplanade
City : Mdina
Postal Code : MDN 1160
Contact Name: Karina Tomczyk
Phone : +33648447272
Email : email@example.com
- Fax services
- Photo copying service
- Safe deposit boxes at front desk
- Swimming pool
- fire place
- pool with a view
- historic yet sympathetically modernised interior
- stunning setting with all facilities and services nearby
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 2:00 PM
Check-Out: 10:00 AM
Late Check-Out Hour: 8:00 PM
Late Check-out Fees: 10%
Late check out (after 10:00 AM and before 8:00 PM) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies :
If cancelled in less than 30 days before arrival - 100% charge for the entire stay
Terms and Conditions
By making your reservation, you agree to the following terms & conditions for The Bastion:
- When booking your stay, you must provide The Bastion with your credit card details to secure your reservation. Sarl Chateau Rieutort acts as booking agent for The Bastion. Those details will normally be collected by a secure booking system (provided by Cloudbeds.com for Sarl Chateau Rieutort). You will normally pay for your reservation on site (rather than by automatic deduction from your card), however in case of a ‘no show’ or cancellation within 30 days of your arrival date, your card will be charged. Your card will also be charged if full payment is not made on site or if additional charges arise during your stay.
- Credit card details will be disposed of shortly after all costs are paid.
- At the moment of booking your stay directly with The Bastion, via an accredited channel manager (Cloudbeds.com), your personal data will be stored in the booking system of The Bastion and, except as provided in No 3. below, will be solely used for handling your reservation and future bookings and to provide for contact with you before, during and after your stay as required. Your personal data will not be given by The Bastion to any third party not connected with delivering to you the service you have booked. The Bastion does not take responsibility for the data you provide to any third party such as OTAs like booking.com, Expedia, AirBnB etc.
- Customers whose personal data is stored by Rieutort may request their data to be erased, ask for a copy of all of their data (right to data portability) or for their data to be corrected. Rieutort will comply with the request within 30 days unless there is an ongoing contractual or legal requirement to retain the data.
- Your contact details may be used by The Bastion in the future to communicate to you offers, information updates and newsletters.
- If you are just a visitor to the web site, your contact details may be collected by tools like Google Analytics to help improve business efficiency and custom. As a result you may receive offers from The Bastion (or SARL Chateau Rieutort) as the system will note you as a potential future client.
- The minimum required stay is 7 nights. The Bastion can be rented for a maximum of 6 months between May and October. In case of a long term let, at an extra cost, the Bastion may offer one additional double en suite bedroom which is otherwise normally closed off from the rest of the house.
- The rate includes VAT, WiFi access, electricity and all other utilities, including cleaning before and after your departure. Housekeeping during your stay is available at an extra cost. City tax is an additional charge collected per person (adult) and per night.
- The Bastion accepts Visa, Master Card and American Express cards, cash, bank transfers and PayPal payments.
- The Bastion's free of charge cancellation policy is 30 days before arrival.
- Check in & check out times are to be agreed with The Bastion's local manager in advance.
- Minors remain under the full responsibility and supervision of their guardians especially while using the pool. There is no lifeguard and all use of the pool whether by adults or children is at your own risk.
- You are requested to respect the property and its equipment. All damages not arising from fair wear and tear and caused by you will be invoiced at a reasonable cost of repair or replacement determined by The Bastion at its discretion.
- The Bastion is not child friendly in terms of security measures. The stairs have no security gates, the swimming pool is open, the Bastion has a stunning terrace on the Bastion wall itself. As a result irresponsible or unsupervised young children could be at risk.
- As a general concept the property is not accessible for the disabled and pets are not permitted. Sorry.
- The Bastion provides WiFi for guests and allows access for lawful usage (including regard for intellectual property rights). The Bastion will not be liable for any damages or claims of any kind arising from the use or absence of the service. The Bastion takes no responsibility for (1) the security, safety, theft, insurance and ownership of any device used at The Bastion or (2) any software downloaded and / or installed, e-mail opened, or sites accessed via The Bastion's wireless service’s connection to the Internet. Any damage done to equipment for any reason including, but not limited to, viruses, identity theft, spyware, plug-ins or other internet-borne programs will be for the guests sole responsibility. Guests indemnify and hold harmless The Bastion from any such damage.
- The Bastion takes no responsibility for any theft or other loss arising at the property. A safe is provided for your documents and valuables.
- The Bastion is a stunning property and we aim to please. If there is anything you are unhappy about, please inform the local manager straightaway so The Bastion have the chance to put it right for you. Any complaints which are not resolved immediately should be notified to The Bastion in writing within 14 days of your departure. The Bastion aim is that every guest should leave as a happy guest. Occasionally The Bastion will fail due to reasons beyond its control. Please accept the The Bastion's apologies if this happens.